Saturday, January 12, 2008

Trip to the Evergreen Aviation Museum

I'm pretty sure I've heard of Evergreen before, but I didn't know much. Turns out, they've got a lot more than this great museum. It's a huge corporation that does a lot of cool things with helicopters and jets.


Scattered throughout the museum they have these older 1st class seats where you can watch various videos about nearby aircraft. The guys are excited to get some for home use. Here's we're sitting near the Spruce Goose working on the scavenger hunt.



We arrived at the museum about 40 minutes early (we left around 6:15 AM and it took us a little over 2 hours to get there). This gave us plenty of time to stomp the squishy grounds and see cool planes like this!


They've got a little bit of everything at the Evergreen Aviation Museum. And, in a matter of months, they're planning to open a new space museum, too!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bron James said...

I really enjoyed this trip. I especially like looking at all of the airplanes and the IMAX experience we were able to have. I hope to go back again.

Russell Manning said...

I found your blog completely by accident (I was searching for eaglefest - a concert event by our radio station WGH Eagle 97). Regardless, I though it was cool to see a picture of a Blue Angel (considering I saw them every summer at Norfolk Naval Station growing up). Thats not even the coincidental part though that struck me. That part that struck me was that I too am in Venture Crew 628 of Norfolk, VA.

Bri-onic Man said...

Pretty weird . . . sorry if we snagged the url you guys wanted! :-) Thanks for checking in and keep on Venturing!