Sunday, November 11, 2007

Camp Meriwether (Guns and Dogs!)


Camp Meriwether offers a lot of merit badges that involve shooting things, so there are areas for archery, black powder (where this Fort Clatsop-inspired building is), .22 shooting, and shotgun shooting.


The four of us went through about 150 rounds (total). Thomas really needed a gun with a shorter stock on it so he could better brace against his shoulder. He did his best with what he had, and only a few shots killed the plants beyond the target range. I was impressed with Hunter's marksmanship, and his targets probably look better than mine. Frank, who was kind enough to sponsor our ammo, did really well too.


So here are my targets. I'm going to go out on a limb and venture that rifle #6 (the one I had all 3 times) needs its sights adjusted up and to the left. I'm pretty happy with my clustering, though, and Frank said I could've gotten the merit badge for 5 within a quarter. I never got that badge when I was in Scouts though.


Frank was also the foodmaster for lunch. It was a bit like cooking hot dogs with a blowtorch, but dry firewood was hard to come by (as you might imagine).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: